Saturday, January 19, 2008

Media Media.. enough all ready. Lets get Outside abit.

We seem so excited by all these technologies... and they are quite cool I must admit. The record player, to tape, to cd, to IPods and Media Centers... but there is some assumption that we have time to listen and watch more.

Many of the new technologies are bundled inside computers and though they give a wonderful interface, they also bring another computer into your life. With that comes all the maintenance, protection planning, backup, organization of files, security and everything else.

Now, ok, admit it, it is pretty fun for a while getting things to work together and moreover to organize your music and more.

Maybe I am getting tired, but I will admit tht I have been listening to the Public Radio station more than the organized music library. For one thing, I like to hear some intermittent news, to hear music I have not heard before...

I also note how much TIME it takes to get computers going. Unfortunately I end up running about 3 Workstations and Laptops, plus another 4 Servers and it wears on me. And here I am typing again.

Enjoy your life. Include Computers in that, but don't let them dominate it. They are just tools and we only have so much time. We need to get out and hike some trails and enjoy the seasons too.

No comments:

Post a Comment